Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - Touchwiz UI look and feel for AOSP / CyanogenMod based Stock / Custom ROMS



I am running AOSP/CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 based custom rom on my Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Note is rooted with ClockWorkMod Recovery installed. I wanted to have look and feel of TouchWiz UI on the rom. I started searching on internet for the same. Even though I am not fond of TouchWiz framework (due to heavy resource consumption), I do like the graphics provided by TouchWiz. I tried to find out ways to give such look and feel to my Note. After googling, I found out the following steps :-

1) Install CM10.1 TouchWiz 5.0 Theme

I found out this theme on Play Store. The CM10.1 TouchWiz Free Theme can be downloaded using the below link,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thomassafca.theme.touchwiz.five.free

Below is the makeover of the System UI after installing this theme. Looks coooool !!!




2) Install Galaxy S4 Launcher , Weather Widget and Wallpapers 

I found out the Galaxy S4 Launcher and Weather Widget Port on XDA Developer Forums. Even the wallpapers are present on the same link. I was wondering whether this port will be compatible for Galaxy Note. But this port worked successfully for me. Three cheers to the developer for amazing job. Below is the XDA Developer Forum thread which I used for the installation,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2236937


3) Select DPI settings for System and Apps

I selected Phone mode for System and Apps. I set DPI to 320 for both System and Apps. 


Now the final interface (after completing all three steps mentioned above) looks like below,





 



I am enjoying the feel of TouchWiz on AOSP with full AOSP Features now :)

    
    
Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - Touchwiz UI look and feel for AOSP / CyanogenMod based Stock / Custom ROMS Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - Touchwiz UI look and feel for AOSP / CyanogenMod based Stock / Custom ROMS Reviewed by Nikhil Bhalwankar on July 03, 2013 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Android OS on cyanogenmod on the exynos 4 CPUs (including the GT-N7000) takes up a lot of battery since we're missing sources.
    I already tried this but wasn't happy with Android OS taking up about 30% of my battery for no reason everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. On CM 10.1 you cant use the awesome samsung services and apps like s voice, s memo, s translator, samsung hub, s health, group play, samsung link, s suggest,Watchon etc..

    ReplyDelete


Powered by Blogger.